If you’ve been in UAE for long and find it difficult to save or wondering at the end of the month where all your salary disappeared? Living wisely can leave you enough to enjoy UAE and save up for a good future as well.
Here are few ways to help you save money in UAE:
- Leisure: Head to the beach or park in cooler months. The fun doesn’t stop as the temperatures rise in Dubai. Reserve a weekend to enjoy the seemingly endless options for indoor activities with your entire family. From indoor skiing and aquariums to state-of-the-art cinemas and theme parks, there’s enough action to keep everyone occupied on a fun day out. Enjoy Buy One Get One free deal from a variety of popular attractions in UAE.
- Shopping list: When you are shopping, it is always better to have a list. It keeps you from forgetting anything and helps you to stick to the budget. If you do not have a list, you tend to wander, deviate and end up buying something that you don’t need.
- Save energy: High electricity bills are one of the major frustrations among residents in the UAE, especially during summer when air conditioners are running almost 24/7, the monthly bill thickens. Keep your AC at 24 degrees Celsius. That is the most cost-effective and eco-friendly option in UAE without leaving a hole in your pocket.
- Cheap grocery: If you want an economical living in the UAE, you need to compare grocery prices and buy from the supermarkets that offer great deals and discounts. The technology has taken us a long way with online shopping being a life savior. There are applications that let UAE shoppers compare grocery prices across stores.
- Track your spending by saving receipts: The receipts that you get from retailers and other stores can be good reminders of the money that you spend. Rack up those receipts for purchases made during the month and go through them at the end of the month. These receipts will help you understand and control your spending on unwanted and unnecessary items.
- Effective Banking: Banks in UAE will easily offer you free accounts and credit card services. However, make sure you compare several banks and the benefits and fees associated with them so that you don’t get any surprises later. There are some options to be found in UAE and you can even find account options where banks are willing to waive the minimum balance requirement completely. Look for a bank account or a credit card that allows you to make the most of your savings. A credit card with a lower minimum salary requirement is a great option to consider.
- Attend a happy hour: Happy hours are where you can go to save a buck.